It’s a digital world and we are just living it. It’s hard to argue with this.
You only need to take a look around – the old rotary dial telephones that were once a staple in every household have given way to mobile smart phones, the Cathode Ray Tube Television sets that were defining elements of a once modern living room have long since been jettisoned for the Plasma, LCD, and LED TVs.
And what about automobiles? They have become more fuel efficient, faster, equipped with wireless, infrared and camera technology that have made them evolving mobile machines. Bottom line is, in every facet of our lives, things have changed, thanks to digital technology.
With advancements in technology has come the social media – a platform that has proven to be a game changer for not just individuals, but corporate bodies, civil society and even government. The myriad of opportunities in the digital space are endless and has provided an easier and faster way for organisations to reach and engage with their target audience.
Every business, however small, needs to drawing up a digital strategy for the following reasons;
- Everybody is online: Okay, maybe not literally everybody, but a significant number of people who are likely to be interested in doing business with you or patronizing your organisation are digitally savvy, and the only way to get the attention of these set of people is by employing a strategy for the digital space.
- To drive awareness and maximize impact: You need to create brand awareness. You don’t want to be winking in the dark as a brand, and that’s exactly what you would be doing if you neglect to connect with the many potential customers and clients online.
- To expand your brand: Yes, you are a 20-year old firm which has been doing well advertising in traditional media, but you can do far better by embracing the digital media. The online world is limitless as it is a platform where people all over the world can access your offerings as a brand.
- It is cost-effective: When compared with traditional media and other forms of advertising and methods of creating brand awareness, digital media is cheap and has the ability to reach a far wider audience.
- To edge out competition: The moment you explore the digital world, you already have an advantage over brands who have refused to do the same. Your exploits on social media could be the defining factor that helps you edge out competition.
- To increase revenue: As a business, beyond delivering on customer satisfaction with your product or services, you want to increase revenue generation. Social media marketing is one way to make that happen. As you painstakingly build your brand and engage with customers regularly, you are sure to enjoy more patronage, and ultimately generate more revenue.
Everything is tilting towards the digital world, and there’s no better time to key into this revolution than now.
So, get your digital plan done, and set it in motion by ensuring that you are on the social media platforms (you don’t have to be everywhere) that can boost your business, and you’ll be the better for it.